Unbeatable Benefits of the Coldest Ice Packs to Relieve Pain
The simplest application of the coldest ice packs to an injured part of the body will give quick relief from pain. It is one of the most effective and useful treatments ever available for pain relief. You need to apply cold packs to an area of the body having pain not more than 20 minutes, while you should repeat the treatment seven to eight times a day. It will speed up your recovery process from all kinds of sprains and pains.
Types of the Ice Packs:
Cold or ice packs are available in a number of types that treat and relieve lower back pain quickly. All of these ice packs are the best and most effective to cure backache, but the coldest ice pack is a more reliable one. It works faster and better than other available cold packs for pain relief. It suits your budget, requirements, and expectations. Some famous types of cold packs to relieve lower back pain and other places are.
Reusable Coldest Ice Packs:
There are some types of ice packs that are reusable. Today, The Coldest Water brings 100% reusable and lasting durable ice packs. It makes ice packs filled with a gel that can deliver coldness to an injured body part and discourage inflammation and muscle torn. You need to place these gel or ice packs in the freezer for at least 2 hours before to use. Further, it is enough for you to apply these gel packs to an affected part of the body just for 20 minutes. These gel packs are inexpensive due to reusability features.
Homemade Cold Packs:
These cold packs are also good to relieve lower back pain. You can make these packs easily at home. You will need a plastic bag with a solid structure and take ice cubes to fill in that bag. Squeeze the air out of the bag before to place ice cubes and seal it. You can also include a little amount of water in the bag with ice cubes to make it lump-free. Users must wrap the ice bag in a towel prior to application to an affected part of the body. In this way; you can prevent skin from a cold burn.
Common Alternative Ice Packs:
Some best alternatives of the coldest ice packs are in following.
- Frozen Towel: Put a damp and folded towel in a plastic bag and place it for 10 to 20 minutes in the freezer. Get the bag out of the freezer and apply to an affected area for few minutes.
- Sponge: Soak a sponge of big sized and put in the freezer and let it freeze completely. Take the frozen sponge out and wrap in some thick piece of cloth like a towel. Apply it to an injured part of the body.
- Rice: Take rice in enough quantity in a sock and put in the freezer for freezing. Let rice become frozen like the ice cubes and apply to a sore back. Don’t use rice when they melt.
- Gel-Type-Pack: Take a dishwasher detergent in liquid and put in a baggie for freezing in the freezer. In this way; this bag will become like a gel pack that can heal your sprains and back pain quickly.
- Peas Frozen Bag: Take peas in some suitable bags and freeze them in the freezer. Let them freeze completely and then wrap the bag into a towel. You can apply frozen peas to the affected body part to get quickly relieved from pain.
Precautions to Apply Coldest Ice Packs:
Apply the coldest ice packs for twenty minutes only to avoid skin burn. Further, don’t use ice packs when going to sleep. There are some cautions you must consider when using ice packs for back pain relief. Some precautions are;
- Use a protective layer or barrier between ice and skin. Don’t apply ice packs to your skin directly as it will burn.
- Fix duration of ice application to 15-20 minutes only.
- Don’t apply ice packs if you are suffering from some critical health conditions like impaired sensation areas, paralysis, rheumatoid arthritis, cold allergies and Reynaud’s syndrome etc.
Medical Science has proved that applications of the coldest ice packs can be more productive, beneficial and useful in the first 48 hours following an injury. However, heat therapy can give better and quicker results after 48 hours of an injury. It can heal back pain fast. Sometimes, alternative heat therapies along with ice application can give faster pain relief.