How Much Water Should You Drink to Hydrate for a Football Match?
Playing a game of Football is no fun. Well, it is, but it requires a lot of stamina, and you need to make sure that you are adequately prepared and hydrated. After all, you need to stay on the field for one and a half hours and make sure that the opponent doesn’t score. Yes, you do get a break of fifteen minutes, but compared to the time you spend on the field, it is too less. Additionally, you need to make sure that you are passing the ball to your teammates so that they can score a goal. Add to it the humidity, and expectations of your spectators and you need to be in top form to perform. This is why a game of Football needs you to be hydrated properly.
Water Loss During a Football Game:
So, how do you know the amount of water loss during a game? There is no hard and fast rule. It depends on your metabolism, your fitness, your body’s response, how much distance you have covered and the weather and altitude. However, you can always make sure that you stay properly hydrated in order to avoid fainting on the field or having muscle sprains. That’s why professional footballers always keep the coldest water bottle with them.
1 Gallon Coldest Water Bottle (128oz) BUY NOW
Well, before you start the game, you need to be hydrated properly. Proper hydration for a Football match starts at least 24 hours before the game. Make sure you drink at least six to eight oz of water every hour. Also, make sure that at least 80% of your water requirements should come from your drinks. The rest 20% should be from food that contains water. About three hours before the game, you should drink at least 18 – 20 oz water to prepare for the game. This will help you to remain hydrated in the first half, where you might not get a chance to take a break and drink water from your coldest water bottle.
Since a game of Football is tiresome and causes sweating even in the best weather conditions, so you should drink at least 8 oz water every 20 minutes. This will help you to remain hydrated and reduce muscle fatigue.
What To Drink?
Sometimes when you are trying to hydrate, you hate drinking too much water. Since your body needs fluids, especially before a Football match, you cannot put drinking on the back burner. So, the easiest way is to choose some other fluid. Beverages or sports drink can be a good choice. If you don’t like beverages, you can always try fruit juice, which is rich in electrolytes and is natural. If you are preparing to get on the field, you can also drink coconut water, which is rich in electrolytes, and tastes almost like plain water, but comes with added advantages. Generally, when you put sodium in your drink, rehydration occurs faster. So, you can also take some lemonade if you are trying to gain energy and hate drinking water. You keep the liquid in the coldest water bottle and can drink regularly.
The Coldest Water Bottle BUY NOW
Always Look for Signs of Dehydration:
While you are on the field, always look for signs of dehydration. While you might not notice the difference, if you dehydrated decreases your performance, and it can cause fainting or nausea even. Since you are in the game to win it, it is a primary responsibility to play with expertise, and being hydrated can help you to do that. It is recommended that you should follow the professional athletics example; they always keep the coldest water bottle to stay hydrated.